Saturday, November 12, 2005

Love/Hate

Firstly, I think Barney is evil. In my heart of hearts, I know Barney is evil. He may be the devil incarnate, and I am sure he will be the cause of my eventual aneurism.

But look! When purple dinosaurs are on the screen, Zachary watches. No, really, I'm serious: he stops, sits, and watches this monstrosity cavort around the screen. Subliminal projection, the magic of the colour purple, I have no idea; but if the spawn of satan himself can get the boy to sit still for more than 3 milliseconds, and hold his attention for a half an hour, then he can't be all that bad, can he? Look at the good he's doing for our sanity. And even if I die later because the incessant smarminess causes my brain to pop, at least I'll know the joy that is a quiet child.

Then again, I can always go to my house. Har har!

Wow, is the little guy ever solving problems. Need to get up on a chair, and we have one box, then why don't we move it closer ... and voila! Something unexpected, something surprising, something which will surely get him a lot of attention. And mimicry? Hoo boy. You can't let him see anything, lest he imitate it (in his own fashion) soon afterward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home